• 55-3273 United States Army on 19th May 1956. Designated U-1A.
Allocated to the 14th Army Aviation Company, Fort Riley, KS.
Re-designated the 1st Aviation Company and moved to Fort Benning, GA., 15-Aug-1956 until 02-Aug-1961.
57th Aviation Company at Fort Sill, OK., until October 1963.
17th Aviation Company at Fort Ord, CA., as an operational support airlift aircraft Oct-1963 to Sep-1964.
Transported from Fort Ord to Vietnam Sep-1964 where in Nov-1964 it joined the 56th Transportation Company based at Tan Son Nhut Air Base, Saigon as a combat support aircraft
Returned to the United States by Douglas C-133 Cargomaster for depot level maintenance at the Army Aeronautical Depot Maintenance Center (ARADMAC), Corpus Christi, TX.
Returned to Vietnam by Douglas C-133 Cargomaster in March 1966, where it joined the 18th Aviation Company until January 1969.
Incident: At Nha Trang. 22nd June 1966 Damaged when two Hueys tangled rotors and the resultant spray of equipment threw a generator through the fuselage of our aircraft resulting in the loss of the U-1A for an indefinite period of time.
79th Transportation Company in Jan-1969 who prepared it for shipment back to the United States.
Arrived at Sharpe Army Depot, Stockton, CA. Feb-1969. Possibly for storage.
September 1969 it arrived at the Forest Park Army Depot, Atlanta, GA where it was put into storage as military surplus.. Eventually deleted from Army inventory in., May-1972.
• CF-BEU Air Craftsmen Ltd. St. John, NB. Regd 02-Aug-1974 after they rebuilt it.
• CF-BEU Laurentian Air Services Ltd., Ottawa, ON. Regd 16-May-1975.
• CF-BEU Survair Ltd., Ottawa, ON. Regd 24-Jun-1976.
Accident: Leaf Bay, Quebec. 22nd April 1977. Taking off from a very narrow strip with a strong crosswind, overcast with snow on the runway. The Otter became airborne at low speed and drifted to the left side of the strip. The left ski struck a high snow bank, swinging the aircraft to the left and the left wing tip hit the snow heavily. The wing separated from the fuselage and the Otter flipped onto its back. Despite the severity of the crash, neither the pilot nor his two passengers were injured.
• C-FBEU Air Inuit Ltd,. Fort Chimo, QC. Regd 25th July 1979. Canx 12-Aug-1982.
Accident: Fressel Lake, QC. 04-Feb-1980. On an extremely cold afternoon the pilot attempted to take off from the marginal surface of a small lake. During the take-off, the skis passed through surface slush, resulting in an extended take-off run. Once airborne, the aircraft barely cleared the tree tops at the end of the lake. Unable to climb or accelerate the Otter finally stalled and mushed into the trees.
• C-FBEU Air Schefferville (1981) Inc., Schefferville, QC. Regd 07-Sep-1982. Canx 29-Sep-1982.
• C-FBEU Air Inuit Ltd. Kuujjuaq (was Fort Chimo), QC. Regd 25-Nov-1982. Canx 21-Oct-1983.
• C-FBEU Aeropel Inc., Baie Comeau, QC. Regd 31-May-1984. Canx 29-Jul-1986.
Accident: Manicouagan River, QC. 29-May-1985. While taxying in a strong current, the water rudder could not be extended. The engine was shut down but the Otter struck a parked aircraft, sustaining only minor damage.
• C-FBEU Labrador Air Safari (1984) Inc. 26th June 1987 Regd 06-Jun-1994. Re regd 23-Apr-1999 at Jonquière, BC. Based Baie-Comeau. Regd 02-Sep-2003. Canx and deleted 16-Jun-1005 to USA.
• N81FW Lester L & Jill G. Bingman, Dillingham, AK Regd 17-Jun-2005. Canx 07-Nov-2006.
• C-FHAD Harbour Air Ltd., Richmond, BC Based Vancouver, BC. Regd 01-Dec-2006.
• Current •