• 55-3278 United States Army. Delivered 23-May-1956. Designated as U-1A.
Assigned to the 2nd Aviation Company, Fort Riley, KS.
April/May 1957 to Brookley AFB, Mobile, AL., Here the aircraft were loaded on board the 'USS Tripoli', an aircraft carrier then serving with the Military Sea Transportation Service, which set sail for Bremerhaven, Germany arriving on 16-May-1967.
2nd Aviation Company based at Illesheim, Germany, until July 1959 when the unit moved to France.
The Company headquarters of the 2nd Aviation Company and one platoon were based at Orléans, a second platoon at Verdun and a third platoon at Poitiers. During its time in France the aircraft was either based at or visited all three locations for different levels of maintenance.
The aircraft was noted visiting Abbotsinch Airport, Scotland on 11th June 1966. This would have during the unit's annual deployment, based at Prestwick. This was in support of Corporal Missile Battalions, who fired live missiles from the Benbecula Range in the Hebrides.
Noted by the webmaster Neil Aird at Prestwick - EGPK 30-Jun-1966.
To the 56th Aviation Detachment, Mannheim, Germany between Mar-1967 and Oct-1967.
Transported to the United States and onwards to Vietnam, arriving with the 54th Aviation Company at Vin Tau in March 1968. Also named as 54th Utility Aircraft Company with the call sign “Big Daddy” which related to the tasks undertaken by the unit.
Emblem of the 54th Aviation Company, aka the Utility Aircraft Company
Later in 1968 and during 1969 it flew for the 45th Medical Detachment, then the 247th and then the 254th Medical Detachments in Vietnam. These units were mainly Huey helicopter equipped units.
It was then returned to the United States and arrived at the Red River Army Depot, TX in July 1970, where it was overhauled.
In July 1971 it was allocated to the 19th Aviation Battalion, Fort Richardson, Anchorage, AK.
It was then flown to the 568th Transportation Company at Fort Wainright, Fairbanks, AK in 1973 who prepared it for its next posting.
October 1973 it was assigned to the Alaska Army National Guard, based at Bethel, AK., until Dec-1976 when the use of the Otter in Alaska was terminated.
• N5368G Transferred to the Civil Air Patrol. Initially for the Alaska Wing but was parked at Anchorage until while later moved to Seattle, renovated, painted in CAP scheme and then served at the CAP Great Lakes Region Headquarters, based at Pontiac, MI.
• C-GBNA Buffalo Narrows Airways Ltd., Buffalo Narrows, SK. Regd 28-Mar-1980 Re regd 15-Jun-1998. 07-Jun-2002. Canx 07-Jun-2002.
• C-GBNA Voyage Air (634643 Alberta Ltd), Fort McMurray, SK. Based Buffalo Narrows, Regd 07-Jun-2002. 26-Jun-2006, 07-Mar-2007 and 18-Apr-2013.
Note Jan-2005 converted to Walter turbine power at the AOG facility at Kelowna, BC.
• Current •