• 55-3293 United States Army. Delivered 25-July-1956. Designated U-1A.
Assigned to 2nd Aviation Company, Fort Riley, KS.
Jul/Aug 1957 to Brookley AFB., Mobile, AL. Here the aircraft was loaded on board a ship serving with the Military Sea Transportation Service, which set sail for Bremerhaven, Germany arriving in Aug-1967.
2nd Aviation Company based at Illesheim, Germany until Jul-1959 when the unit moved to France.
The Company headquarters of the 2nd Aviation Company and one platoon were based at Orléans, a second platoon at Verdun and a third platoon at Poitiers. During its time in France the aircraft was either based at or visited all three locations for different levels of maintenance
Oct-1962. At Coleman Barracks Depot, Mannheim, Germany.
May-1963: Headquarters Company, 3rd Support Command.
Feb-1966. 394th Transportation Battalion.
Aug-1969. Coleman Barracks Depot, Mannheim, Germany for maintenance.
Dec-1969. assigned to the 591st Transportation Company, Illesheim, Germany as a support aircraft.
Sep-1970. Transferred to 7 Corps Support Command, Stuttgart.,
Feb-1971. Returned to Coleman Barracks, Mannheim, Ger and was put into storage pending disposal.
Total time 3,714hrs.
• N80944 Ferrer Aviation Inc., Miami, FL.
Note: Delivered to St. Jean Airfield, near Montreal, where it was converted to civilian configuration by St. Louis Aviation Inc.
• CF-FVZ Northland Fisheries Ltd., Winnipeg, MB. Regd May 1973.
• CF-FVZ & C-FFVZ White River Air Services Ltd., Timmins, ON. Also flew in Austin Airways colours, an associate company of White River A/S. Regd circa late 1973.
• C-FFVZ Lindbergh's Hunting & Fishing Air Service Ltd, based at Cochrane-Lillabelle Lake, ON. Regd 08-Aug-1980. Canx 01-Jun-1998.
Accident: Detour Lake, Ontario. 25-May-1994. During the take-off run and as the aircraft was coming up on the step, the left float struck a submerged rock and the Otter immediately stopped. The pilot and passengers donned life vests and were picked up by a helicopter
• C-FFVZ Points North Air Services Inc., La Ronge, SK. Regd 01-Jun-1998. Canx 15-Mar-1999.
• C-FFVZ Jackson Air Services Ltd., Flin Flon. MB. Regd 21-Apr-1999. Canx 28-May-2009.
Accident: Kipahigan Lake, SK. 30-Sep-1999. Just after lift off, the aircraft started to yaw to the left and descend. It had become prematurely airborne and had not attained the required airspeed before it settled into trees. In the crash, the pilot (the only occupant) was uninjured but the wings of the Otter were sheared off and the fuselage badly damaged. After some time it returned to service with Jackson A/S
Power-plant: Converted to turbine power following above mentioned accident.
• C-FFVZ Kississing Lake Lodge Ltd., (Wings over Kississing), Steinbach, MB. Regd 28-May-2009 & 18-Jan-2010.
• Current •