• 57-6124 United States Army. Delivered 24-May-1958. Designated U-1A..
Initially delivered to Addison, TX., for work to be done by Collins Radio Corporation with the installation of a radio package suitable for European operations.
Jan-1962. Was serving with the 8th Infantry Division in Germany.
September '62 it was assigned to Coleman Barracks, Mannheim, Germany as a maintenance float.
Feb-1963 It was posted to the US Logistics Group, Turkey (TUSLOG) Detachment 4, Sinop AAF, Turkey.
Aug-1966. To Coleman Barracks for depot level maintenance.
Jan-1967. 56th Aviation Detachment at Coleman Barracks.
Oct-1967. Returned to USA.
Date unknown. To Vietnam and the. 388th Transportation Company at Vung Tau as a maintenance float.
Aug-1968 Assigned to the 18th Aviation Company. Based at various locations across Vietnam.
June 1969. 79th Transportation Company for storage, awaiting disposition.
Aug-1969 With the 520th Transportation Battalion for continued storage, before being returned to the United States.
Sep-1969 Arrived at Atlanta Depot, located at Forest Park, Clayton County, Atlanta, GA. Aircraft overhauled and assigned to Fort Monmouth, NJ., where the Army Electronics Command was based, as a test aircraft.
21-Oct-1970 On 90 day loan to the Department of the Interior Jefferson County Airport, Boulder, CO., for use by the United States Geological Survey.
Nov-1970 Department of the Interior applied for civil registration.
Mar-1971 Deleted from the Army inventory.
• N2750 Department of the Interior. Regd Feb-1971. Operating for the United States Geological Survey.
• N2750 Transferred to the University of Tennessee Space Institute, Tullahoma, TN. On 10-Mar-1976. Regd 23-Mar-1976.
Total time: 4,497 hours.
Certification date: 14-Dec-1976.
25-Jan-1981 Purchased in a surplus property sale By Keewatin Air Ltd., Winnipeg, MB.
13-May-1981 Provisional Certificate of Registration for marks C-GKYG to Keewatin Air Ltd., Winnipeg, MB., and a delivery flight permit for a flight from Tullahoma to Winnipeg issued.
13-May 1981 Provisional Certificate of Registration for marks C-GKYG and a delivery flight permit for a flight from Tullahoma to Winnipeg were issued Keewatin Air Ltd., Winnipeg, MB.
25-May-1981 Formally registered to Keewatin Air.
• C-GKYG Keewatin Air Ltd., Winnipeg, MB. Regd 25-May-1981. Canx 27-May-1982.
• C-GKYG Silver Pine Air Services Ltd., Pine Falls, MB. Regd June 1982. Canx 16-Jul-1986.
• C-GKYG Change of name to Eagle Aviation Ltd., Pine Falls, MB. Regd 16-Jul-1986. Canx 18-Mar-1988.
• C-GKYG V. Kelner Airways Ltd., Pickle Lake, ON. On lease. Regd 18-Mar-1988. Canx 02-May-1988.
• C-GKYG Eagle Aviation Ltd., Pine Falls, MB. Regd 02-May-1988. Canx 13-Aug-1993.
• C-GKYG 171816 Canada Inc., (Orion Airways / Nishi Kon Air), Yellowknife, NT. Regd 20-Aug-1993. Canx 01-Dec-1993.
• C-GKYG Eagle Aviation Ltd., Pine Falls, MB. Regd 01-Dec-1993. Canx 05-Jul-1994.
Power plant Eagle Aviation then converted the Otter to the Polish PZL 1000 horse power engine.
• C-GKYG Big River Air Ltd., Fort Smith, NT., on lease. Regd 07-Oct-1994 & 12-Oct-1994. Canx 12-May-1999.
• C-GKYG Blue Water Aviation Services Ltd., Pine Falls, MB. On lease. Regd 04-Jun-1999. Canx 08-May-2003.
Power plant: Returned to Eagle Aviation Ltd., Pine Falls, MB., who converted the aircraft to a Walter turbine.
• C-GKYG Blue Water Aviation Services Ltd., Pine Falls, MB. On lease. Regd 23-Feb-2004 & 27-Feb-2004. Canx 05-May-2004..
• C-GKYG 3097448 Manitoba Ltd., (Adventure Air) Pine Falls, MB. Regd 06-May-2004.
• C-GKYG Reported as leased to Alkan Air, Whitehorse, YT. for the summer of 2004.
Accident: May Creek, a remote strip thirty nautical miles north of Whitehorse. 26-Sep-2005. The aircraft was en route to Anniversary Strip and was making an intermediate touch-and-go at the May Creek strip for practice. The pilot was approaching the strip into the sun, and landed short of the runway. The right gear struck a drainage ditch off the end of the runway. After touchdown on the runway, the right gear collapsed, resulting in substantial damage to the right wing and propeller. The pilot and one passenger were un-injured. Alkan Air sent a Cessna 206 to May Creek to retrieve the occupants and return them to Whitehorse. On 5th October 2005 the Otter was returned to Whitehorse Airport, slung under a Sikorsky S-61 helicopter. The Otter was repaired at Whitehorse and returned to service with Alkan Air, with whom it was still in use during summer 2006.
• C-GKYG 3097448 Manitoba Ltd., (Adventure Air) Pine Falls, MB. Regd 05-Dec-2007. Canx 20-May-2009.
• C-GKYG West Caribou Air Service Inc., Thunder Bay, ON. Based Savant Lake, ON. Regd 03-Nov-2009. Re regd 05-Aug-2011. Canx 13-May-2013.
• C-GKYG 3097448 Manitoba Ltd., Lac du Bonnet, MB. Regd 14-May-2013.
Note: Is this still Adventure Air?
• Current •