• 9423 Royal Canadian Air Force. Delivered 20-Dec-1960. Designated as CSR-123.
Initially allocated to No.6 Repair Depot as a spare and put into storage at the Dunnville, Ontario depot.
18-Oct-1961. Assigned to 438 Squadron, St.Hubert, near Montréal, QC.
Aug-1962. Allocated to 116 Air Transport Unit (ATU), supporting a United Nations mission in New Guinea.
08-May-1963. Arrived back in Canada, when it was put into storage at the Canadian Pacific Airlines depot at Lincoln Park.
Jan-1964. Transferred from Lincoln Park to Saskatoon and remained in storage.
24-Apr-1964. Re-joined 438 Squadron at St.Hubert.
Sep-1965. Again selected for UN duty, this time with 117 ATU in Kashmir.
Apr 1966. Returned to Canada to 6 Repair Depot, Trenton, ON to be prepared to return to RCAF service.
04-May-1966. Assigned to 102 Communications Unit, at CFB Trenton, ON.
24-Aug-1966 Assigned to 4 Operational Training Unit (OTU), also at Trenton, On which was
Jul-1968. 4 OTU was re-designated 424 Squadron at Trenton, ON.
Accident: Location unknown. 23rd May 1969, a 'B' category crash in the course of a training detail on floats. It suffered a heavy landing , taxied to the shore and beached after which it was taken to Mountain View depot where it was repaired by 6 RD.
09-Jul-1971. Assigned to 400 Sqd Downsview, ON and also flew for 411 Sqd. Some of its more interesting details are mentioned below.
08-Oct-1981. The aircraft was ferried to Mountain View depot and put into storage and then put up for disposal through the Crown Assets Disposal Corporation.
Total airframe hours: 5,874.
• C-GUTW Nahanni Air Services Ltd, Norman Wells, NT. Regd Feb-1983
• (HK-3050X) Aerolineas de la Orinoquia & Amazonia Limitada. Proposed purchese early 1984 but NTU.
• C-GUTW On lease to Goose Bay Air Services Ltd, Goose Bay, NL Regd June 1984. Canx 24-Jul-1985.
• C-GUTW On lease to St Louis Aviation Inc, St Jean sur- Richelieu, QC Regd Jul-1985. Canx 03-Jun-1986
• C-GUTW Nakina Outpost Camps and Air Services Ltd, Nakina, ON. Based Toronto, ON. Regd 14-Jul-1986. Canx 14-Jun-1991.
• C-GUTW Harbour Air, Richmond, BC. Based Vancouver, BC. Regd 14-Jun-1991.
Incident. Vancouver River, BC. 26-Sep-1991. Aircraft suffered a cracked cylinder head at 2,500 ft and aircraft returned safely to base.
Power plant: During the winter of 1991 /1992, the aircraft was converted to a Vazar turbine by Harbour Air at their Vancouver hangar.
Total airframe time; 16,148 hrs at Sep-1999.
• Current •